Blogs I Love: Robert J. Schwalb
I can't believe the amount of time that has elapsed since I last wrote one of these. However, I'm ecstatic about breaking this drought by talking about Robert Schwalb's blog.
From the start of my D&D "career", I've heard wonderful things about this man. I followed with glee the tweets and blog posts of those who were lucky enough to meet him. He's a prolific writer and while I try to read everything he writes, I still have a lot of catching up to do. And his blog is making this even more difficult. Recently I've felt like I should take down my little shingle and just direct people to his posts because they are that good.
Not only are his posts full of good advice, he lets his own personality shine through. He talks about his fears, his gratitude, his weaknesses, his industry and his preferences. Whenever I see that he has a new post up, I feel compelled to stop what I'm doing and read it. His productivity is hurting mine.
- Ask Doctor Evil - Rob let's his dark side out and invites us to ask him anything
- Gnomes, Gnomes, Gnomes - A behind the scenes look at his recent DDI article about gnomes and why even small creatures can generate a long articles
- Austrian Pineaples - Getting the gang together on a regular basis is hard.
- Lighting Cigars with Dollar Bills - Some great (hard-won) advice on being an RPG freelancer
- Spit & Polish: Old Monsters Return - Rob professes his love of creating monsters and brings back the Anaxim Battleguard.
I hope you give his site a try and enjoy it as much as I have!